Tubular Drag Cable Conveyor
Similar Materials,Easily Broken: An Unusual Conveyor Solution
Tubular Drag Conveyors Better in Certain Situations
The feedback received – and what the answer from a process engineer or quality assurance person talking about this type of conveyor might be:
- Low cost solution.
- Low power consumption.
- The low velocity of the tubular drag system also reduces wear of the various components in the system.
- Tubular drag systems are very effective at shorter distances of 100 to 200 feet (approx. 30 to 60 metres.)
- A system like the the tubular drag cable and disc system is self-cleaning because of the wipers that constantly clean the tube.
- Dust collection is not required with a system like a tubular drag cable conveyor since it is a closed loop system and it does not use air to move the material. These types of systems move the material at low velocities to help prevent degradation of the product.
- The control system is not complicated on this system. All you need is the stop/start control for the main motor. Variable Frequency Controls are simple to set up and use.
- The range of products that a tubular drag cable system can convey, are very similar to products that a pneumatic conveying system can transport.
- Maintenance on a tubular drag cable system is very minimal.
Other Considerations for Conveying Specialists
- The tubular drag cable conveyor is more expensive than most augers.
- This type of system is suitable for conveying at capacities of up to 1240 cubic feet per hour (approx. 35 cubic metre per hour.)
The cable and disc system enclosed in a tube, doesn't use air for conveying. The tubular drag cable conveyor offers many advantages especially for conveying friable material compared to endless steel belts. It should be considered when breaking expensive materials needs to be avoided.