Laboratory for Explosion Protection Dekra Subsidiary Opens Process Safety Laboratory in China
Testing safety and explosion protection technologies for the Chinese market: Chilworth Technology, a Dekra subsidiary, has opened its first test laboratory for process safety services in Shanghai.
Shanghai/PR China – The new facility now provides testing of powders/dusts, liquids and gases for their flammability and combustibility, thermal stability and electrostatic properties. These tests provide the necessary data for the assessment of flash fire and explosion hazards associated with the handling and processing of flammable substances.
"Local laboratory resources will not only reduce our customers’ transport and travel costs but will also help them to save time," says Vahid Ebadat, CEO of Chilworth North America. He continued, “We shall initially be offering the tests listed below but anticipate adding more testing capabilities in the not too distant future:
- 1. Explosibility Screening (go/no go) for dust clouds
- 2. Minimum Ignition Energy (MIE) for dust clouds and dust layers
- 3. Minimum Ignition Temperature, dust Cloud (MIT-cloud)
- 4. Minimum Ignition Temperature, dust layer (MIT-layer)
- 5. Layer Burning Rate
- 6. Minimum Explosible Concentration (MEC)
- 7. Maximum Explosion Pressure (Pmax) and Rate of Maximum Pressure
- Rise (dp/dt)max
- 8. Limiting Oxygen Concentration (LOC)
- 9. Volume Resistivity (Electrostatic)
- 10. Liquid Conductivity
These tests will be conducted according to the applicable ASTM and/or ISO standards with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) identical to those used at our laboratories in the US and UK”.
Chilworth has already been offering safety-related services for many years in China for companies who manufacture, process, transport, handle or use flammable and combustible liquids and solid particulates. Chilworth has also provided process safety training courses in many cities in China including Shanghai, Chongqing and Hangzhou.