Bentley Systems, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure, announced a new Global Framework Agreement with Shell. The agreement serves to improve Shell’s capital project construction execution through automated 4D/5D construction management solutions provided by Bentley as a managed service.
Exton/USA – The solution, based on Bentley’s Project Wise Construct Sim, will be deployed as part of Shell’s Project Vantage program. This innovative offering, which simplifies work packaging for engineering, construction, and installation, adheres to the Construction Industry Institute’s (CII’s) Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) methodology.
The Project Vantage program is a multi-vendor integrated data-centric approach to capital project delivery. The program is aimed at delivering safer and better projects faster by:
- improving cross-discipline and supplier collaboration;
- controlling data throughout the capital project lifecycle; and
- applying standards and enabling replication.
Shell selected Project Wise Construct Sim as the foundation of its construction management solution to:
- enhance its ability to visually plan and execute work safely, avoiding premature mobilization and downtime and removing constraints that can impact safety, logistics, materials, labor availability, permits, and documentation;
- ensure more effective “engineering readiness” through the application of advanced work packaging to improve constructability; and
- improve field productivity, which optimizes schedule reliability, maximizes time on tools, increases safety, and mitigates risk, resulting in substantial cost savings.