Centrifugal Pumps Self-Priming Centrifugal Pumps Offer Maximum Flexibility
Griswold has announced the availability of its new 811SP Series Self-Priming Centrifugal Pumps. The Series extends the company’s portfolio of chemical process centrifugal pumps into self-priming applications.
The pumps are designed to leverage common components with the Griswold 811 ANSI Series and offer pump and part interchangeability with competitor models. This allows the new Series to be installed in thousands of applications worldwide, providing users with exceptional performance and maximum flexibility under the harshest and most difficult fluid-processing applications, states the company.
Available in a wide range of sizes, capacities and materials to fit virtually any application, the new Series offers:
- Ductile iron frame adapters to increase durability and safety
- Maximized oil capacity for improved heat transfer to extend bearing life
- External clearance adjustment to maintain original flow, pressure and efficiency
- Heavy-duty shafts and bearings to minimize vibration a-nd shaft deflection
- Oversized sight glass for quick and easy monitoring of oil level and condition
- Magnetic drain plug to collect contaminants and protect the pump
- Fully open impeller for better handling of solids and abrasives
- Extensive sealing options to maximize uptime
The new Series is designed to meet ASME specifications and provide superior handling of corrosives and abrasives, adds the firm. The new Series is available in eight different sizes with flow rates up to 1,300 gpm (295 m3/hr) with the ability to operate in temperatures up to 500ºF (260ºC). Their open impeller and seal chambers facilitate enhanced corrosive and erosive substance transport, heat regulation and faster routine maintenance. Utilizing precision power frames and rigid baseplates, the new Series also effectively minimizes the effects of work forces and shaft deflection while optimizing cooling and simplifying installation, mentions the company.