Pharma, Food and Beverages: These are the Top-Trends in Packaging Inks and Coatings
PPG Industries supplies various products such as coatings, paints, specialty material, and fiber glass to different markets such as the consumer products, industrial, and transportation markets.
In September 2016, the company exhibited its packaging coating business at the Aerosol & Dispensing Forum. The forum took place in New York City on September 13 and 14, 2016. The company showcased new developments in packaging coatings such as new generation PPG packaging coating products and new technologies that comply with new government reforms.
Sun Chemical offers a wide range of ink and coating products such as flexographic packaging inks, label and narrow web inks, energy-curable inks and coatings, specialty coatings, color software, and brand color management. Some of its products are as follows:
- Solar Aqua: A water-based ink for tags and labels used for a wide range of paper or film applications
- Solar Flex: Coatings used in packaging applications for variable code dating
- Sun Chemical Rycoline: Offers a portfolio of pressroom consumables
- Sun Altec: Used as metal decorating on cans, bottles, and tubes
Valspar is one of the world's leading manufacturers of paints and coatings. The company operates through three business segments:
- Coatings: Offers protective and decorative coatings for plastic, wood, and metal to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in Asia, Europe, Australia, South America, and North America
- Paints: Offers an extensive range of paints, topcoats, primers, aerosol spray, and paints; these products are sold through a network of distributors, retailers, and company-owned stores
- Administrative and Others: Offers specialty polymers, colorants, and furniture care products under the brand name Guardsman