Filaments Peek Industrial Grade Filament
Evonik introduces its new Peek-based filament in industrial grade quality for FFF/FDM 3D printing.
Infinam Peek 9359 F is a high-performance, industrial grade Peek filament that is easy to process in FFF (FDM) printers, states the company. Its unique properties make it suitable for fields of aerospace, transportation, oil and gas, etc. to manufacture lightweight and high-performance parts.
According to the firm, Evonik’s Peek filament material is distinguished with the following properties:
• excellent performance in heat resistance and chemical resistance,
• good warpage resistance,
• unique crystallization which gives significantly improved adhesion between layers in the vertical direction,
• compared to 3D printed stainless-steel parts, it is 80 % lighter in weight and 30 % tougher with excellent fatigue resistance making it an ideal substitution to 3D printing metal,
• superior wear resistance and low sliding friction which makes it suitable for producing lightweight structural parts,
• long-term temperature resistance at 250℃ and short-term temperature resistance at or above 300℃,
• resists most organic and inorganic chemicals and only dissolves in concentrated sulfuric acid and nitric acid,
• Inherently flame retardant with low smoke and toxicity,
• Resistant to gamma radiation, 250C steam and hydrolysis,
• excellent wave transmission performance than metal does.