Maag Americas adds the Colorex color mixer to its line of Ambient Pulverisers. The mixer is used to mix product in-line with a pulveriser to eliminate the typical cleanup time of a central mixer. It is designed for most polymers and for production rates up to 907 kg/h (2,000 lbs/hr).
The mixer can be used off-line with a loader system and multiple feeders. It is a great alternative to traditional high-speed mixers which are time consuming and costly to clean and maintain, states the firm.
The color mixer will allow the operator to color natural or virgin resins directly out of the pulveriser or from a silo. This is a high intensity mixer that will incorporate any pigment or additive homogeneously, adds the company.
The mixer is controlled by a variable frequency drive for the motor speed and 480V for the mixer itself. The loss-in-weight feeder (LWF) uses 110 V. International voltages are available and spare parts are also available on request.
• Colorex color mixer is portable, easily moved to alternate locations
• On demand color (portable, versatile)
• Eliminates batch mixing
• Changeover time decreased (i.e. from black to yellow in under 1 hour)
• No confined space permits needed
• Color straight from the pulveriser or a weigh station
• Process rate up to 907 kg/h (2,000 lbs/hr), depending on material and density
• Variable frequency drive
• 3.73 kW (5 HP, 1750 RPM) Motor
• Adjustable height for all models
• CE approved
• The loss-in-weight twin screw feeder is capable of rates as low as 0.01 % and up to 4 %
• Color mixer can also accept liquid color or additives
• Screw design is adjustable for better dispersion
• Quick clean-up
• Better ergonomics than the competition