Chemspec Europe will take place on June 20th and 21st in Cologne — The annual event is a major attraction for professionals in the fine and specialty chemicals industry worldwide. This year, a new partnering program will take communications to the next level. The platform gives visitors and exhibitors the opportunity to build networks with potential partners and arrange meetings.
The Rhineland is one of Europe's leading chemical clusters. Big-name companies including Evonik, Bayer, Henkel and Ineos are located in the region. So it is hardly surprising that Chemspec Europe is held every three years at the Cologne trade fair grounds. Along with Basel and Munich, Cologne has become a regular venue for Chemspec Europe.
There are more than 250 chemical companies in the region including producers of personal care products, lacquer, paint and rubber products. These companies have a total workforce of more than 80,000 employees. The product portfolio ranges from fuel for state-of-the-art engines to highly complex active ingredient molecules for life science applications.
The area is an ideal venue for the specialized industry event which last year attracted 3,867 trade visitors who work for international producers, raw material suppliers and suppliers and distributors of specialty and fine chemicals. Again this year, 300 companies have re- gistered as exhibitors. They will be putting their products and services on display in Hall 8 at the Cologne trade fair grounds. The show covers the entire spectrum of fine and specialty chemicals for a very wide range of applications and industry sectors including pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, polymers, additives, refined intermediaries, foodstuffs, animal feed, oil & gas production, pigments, dyes, electronic chemicals, fragrances, household chemicals, bio-based chemicals and much more. Process systems as well as regulatory services and products are also part of the overall portfolio.
New partnering program to promote networking
Effective networking has always been an essential aspect of Chemspec Europe. However this year, the organizers have come up with a partnering program that helps establish contacts with potential collaboration partners who have similar solutions and interests. The match-making function is intended to help visitors and exhibitors find exactly the right partner and arrange an appointment in the meeting cabin at the show. “Chemspec Europe attracts a top-class, highly specialized trade public. This group represents a huge pool of highly skilled experts and business contacts. Our intention with the partnering program is to help visitors and exhibitors make even better use of the enormous potential by offering a leading-edge matchmaking system which is user-friendly and highly focused”, explained Liljana Goszdziewski, Chemspec Europe Trade Show Director, on behalf of the organizer Mack Brooks Exhibitions. The partnering program is designed to create a third networking layer in addition to the booth activities and the conference podiums. Industry professionals can easily contact people in similar or complimentary sectors. The Trade Show Director emphasized that this program generates “real value-add for everyone involved” People save time and venture out beyond the beaten path. State-of-the-art technology makes it much easier to take the first step in making new contacts, said Goszdziewski.
Extensive conference program
Talks and conferences augment the general trade show activities. Presentations and discussion sessions are an effective information-sharing platform, providing insights on the chemical value-added chain, current research and regulatory issues.
In four designated lecture theatres, industry experts will hold talks and discussion rounds on chemical supply chain knowledge, ongoing R&D projects and regulatory issues. Admission to the conference and seminar events organized in collaboration with high-profile event partners is free of charge
- The Chemspec Agrochemical Outlook Conference , supported by Agrow: 2017 market review and insights on the challenges and opportunities for the industry in 2018.
- Innovative start-ups in Fine and Specialty Chemistry: New Paths to Fine and Specialty Chemicals, organized by Chemspec Europe and BCNP Consultants: Introduction, brief talks and a podium discussion on innovations and trends from the world of start-ups.
- The Pharmaceutical Update Conference, organized by Chemspec Europe; on the agenda: The Pharma Outsourcing Best Practices Panel and The Abou-Gharbia Lecture. Dr. Magid Abou-Gharbia from the Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research will act as moderator for both events.
- The Regulatory Services Conference, organized by Reachready: Conference on regulatory challenges in the worldwide chemical value-added chain.
- The RSC Symposium organized by the Royal Society of Chemistry: Two-day symposium on groundbreaking R&D advances on new additives designed to improve product performance.
- HR consultancy firm Chemical Search International is the company behind the Chemspec Careers Clinic: Career guidance for managers in the fine and specialty chemical industry.
The Chemspec Europe Visitor Guide is offering compact information on the exhibition and visitor profile, the latest exhibitor list, an overview of the conference programme and key visitor information including opening hours, travel and accommodation. agk
* Contact Chemspec Europe, St Albans/Great Britain.