Aker Solutions presented its strategic objectives to better position all parts of the business and meet the needs of customers. This follows the company’s split in two in 2014.
London/UK — After splitting in two in September 2014, Aker Solutions presented five strategic objectives to better position all parts of the business and meet the needs of customers. The announcement was made during a meeting with investors in London. Aker Solutions will build on its strengths in key subsea and field design markets as it seeks to:
- Be the preferred partner, with an unparalleled level of safety and performance
- Capture growth in offshore deepwater, subsea and harsh environment markets
- Maintain and expand a global presence through disciplined, organic growth
- Further develop portfolio with a diversity of customers, regions and strong contract mix
- Deliver operational excellence, realize synergies, strengthen cost control and capital discipline
The company's subsea, umbilicals, engineering and maintenance, modifications and operations (MMO) areas were spun off in September 2014 to create a new business under the Aker Solutions name.
"The split allows us to reduce complexity, build on synergies and bring down costs, which makes us much better equipped to respond to the needs of customers in the 22 countries where we operate," said Chief Executive Officer Luis Araujo. "Our focus now is on creating value for our clients and shareholders through the right technology development, quality in execution, cost control and by applying the full force of our engineering skills at the conceptual stage of a project to find the most effective solutions."
This article is protected by copyright. You want to use it for your own purpose? Contact us via: support.vogel.de/ (ID: 43269453 / Business & Economics)