Mouvex has introduced its SLC4 and SLC8 seal-less drive eccentric disc pumps, which have been designed for use in general industry applications, as well as the handling of numerous chemical-based compounds, including isocyanates, polyols, additives, solvents, glues, paints and coatings, methacrylates and detergents.
The major technological advancement is the incorporation of a double-wall bellows into the design, along with monitoring that is done by pressure switch. By mounting the pressure switch on the bellows flange, the bellows becomes an independent sub-assembly within the pump, making for safer and easier operation.
Other improvements in the SLC4 and SLC8 pumps includes the ability to handle differential pressures up to 10 bar (145 psi) in the SLC4 and 6 bar (87 psi) in the SLC8, and high-quality sand castings that are integrated into the manifold flange and bracket, which are compatible with ISOPN16 and ANSI150 flanges.
Along with these advancements, the SLC4 and SLC8 pumps offer the features that Mouvex eccentric disc pumps are noted for, including:
- Completely seal-less design
- Self-priming and dry-run capabilities
- Exceptional volumetric efficiency even with variable viscosities and pressures
- A strong vacuum and compression effect that allows for line stripping
- Low shear rate for gentle product handling
- Only two wear parts that can be replaced quickly while the pump is online
- Optional heating jacket
- Approved for use in Atex atmospheres