Piston Air Compressor Technology Introducing Direct-Drive Reciprocating Air Compressors in Europe
Elgi Compressors Europe has recently launched the ‘LD Series’ range of lubricated direct drive reciprocating air compressors in Europe. With the new piston air compressor technology, the series claims to offer high performance, low noise, and easy maintenance.
Elgi Compressors Europe, a subsidiary of Elgi Equipments, recently announced the forthcoming launch of the ‘LD Series’ range of lubricated direct drive reciprocating air compressors for the European market. With a low life cycle cost and quick return on investment, every LD Series air compressor is backed by best-in-class performance for given input power, durable parts, and a minimum number of service points, states the company.
The Series, ranging from 2.2 – 11kW, is an innovation in piston air compressor technology. The Series air compressors come with a cast-iron direct-driven two-stage compressor mounted on an air receiver and equipped with a Star-Delta-Starter as standard. The resulting benefit is a line of compressors that provide maximum reliability and durability for small to medium-sized industrial applications where higher expectations than intermittent compressed air use can be fulfilled, adds the firm.
Manufacturers requiring reliable compressed air for small to medium-sized applications are particularly sensitive to increasing electricity costs, limited industrial floor space, and fluctuating market demand. Considering all of this, the company has designed the new range of direct drive reciprocating air compressors. Unlike conventional belt-driven piston air compressors, the LD Series is compact, ensures high performance, low noise, and ease of maintenance, mentions the firm.
Key Product Benefits
- Available in 5 power sizes 2.2, 3.8, 5.5, 7.5 and 11kW
- Precise tolerance and effective transmission increase the flow of air – 7 % more flow versus comparable 2-stage belt driven units
- Elimination of belts reduces energy consumption and increases reliability
- Efficient 6-pole low-speed IE3 motors ensure high reliability. E.g., high lifetime of piston rings
- Star-Delta starters with hour meter
- Compact crankcase significantly reduces oil fill needs
- Large intercooler with more cooling area ensures better temperature control, thereby reducing the load on downstream equipment
- Common cooling fan for the motor and top block which unlike other conventional belt-drive models, results in high energy efficiency and power saving
- Cast iron tank making this a durable and resistant product for industrial spaces
- 2 years warranty on the entire package regardless of running hours
The new Series lubricated direct drive piston air compressors are best suited for application across the general engineering, garage, plastics, rubber, metal, and woodworking industrial segments.