The Microsphere Refiner technology enables Microsphere manufacturers to achieve:
- An accurate size classification using a unique filtration technique that avoids the mesh to be blocked by keeping the particles in suspension;
- Homogenous drying through vacuum drying, that gently dries the Microspheres at low temperature;
- High yield up to 98 % thanks to a unique product offloading method, almost 100 per cent of the product is recovered;
- Aseptic recovery with a discharge method that does not require the intervention of an operator, being automatically controlled and confined;
- Process scale-up capability providing the same technology from laboratory scale to pilot plant up to commercial scale;
- One step process to reduce the total investment.
Microsphere Refiner Technology Reduces Cost
For pharmaceutical groups, it is essential to have a proven technology used during process development that can be scaled-up to large scale production, especially to respect the FDA (Food & Drug Agency) regulations and approval.
The Microsphere Refiner technology helps users to greatly reduce cost by using one piece of equipment instead of several process systems and sterile containment isolator. The operative and maintenance costs of the user have been reduced considerably while the quality of each batch is uniform and reliable.
The innovation also has a smaller footprint. PSL’s technology has been developed and refined over 17 years and has been adopted by blue chip pharma groups around the world.
From Europe to Asia
After successfully installing production lines in the USA and Europe, PSL has recently completed three production lines for the Asian market. These installations consist of a Microsphere Scalping Filter followed by a Microsphere Refiner suitable for an aseptic production of about 10L of the final product. PSL completed the entire process line with process skids, modular process system contained with individual frame for each process equipment.
This article is protected by copyright. You want to use it for your own purpose? Contact us via: support.vogel.de/ (ID: 44213750 / Pharma & Food)