USA: Business Deal Field Comm Group Completes Liaison Agreement with The Open Group Process Automation Forum
The liaison agreement deals with PA-DIM, function blocks, and FDI Technology in Opaf standard of standards. Through this agreement, the Field Comm Group intends to strengthen its role as the home of process automation standards and compliance.
Texas/USA – Field Comm Group and The Open Group Process Automation Forum have completed a liaison agreement to leverage Field Comm Group specifications within the Opaf ‘standard of standards’. Field Comm Group earlier announced the endorsement of its process automation device information model specification (PA-DIM), based on Namur requirements, by the OPC Foundation (OPCF), Profibus&Profinet International (PI). Together these endorsements serve as validation of Field Comm Group’s position at the center of process automation standards development and product conformance testing.
Announced at the 2018 ARC Forum, Field Comm Group and the OPC Foundation presented their joint vision for creating a protocol independent, process automation device information model (PA-DIM) specification to implement requirements of the Namur Open Architecture (NOA).
The goal of PA-DIM, when used alongside registered products that support Field Comm Group and PI’s joint FDI technology (Field Device Integration), is to simplify field device integration to systems and clouds. The goal of Opaf is to create a new paradigm for open automation systems that respects existing standards and technologies – in other words, a standard of standards, mentions the firm.
Activities anticipated by the liaison agreement include:
• Nomination of a liaison representative to collaborate on development of the Process Automation Device Information Model (PA-DIM), in a joint collaboration with Field Comm Group, OPC Foundation, and PI currently ongoing within the Field Comm Group Working group structure.
• Nomination of a liaison representative to collaborate on development of FDI and function blocks within the Field Comm Group Working group structure.
• Technical support and best practices guidance of IEC standards for which Field Comm Group has created specifications or otherwise had input into the standards.
• Technical support and best practices guidance on Field Comm Group Function Blocks and related specifications.
• Leverage Field Comm Group as the conformance authority for IEC standards guided by Field Comm Group, including Hart, Foundation Fieldbus, and FDI, as well as for conformance with the Field Comm Group Function Blocks.
This article is protected by copyright. You want to use it for your own purpose? Contact us at support.vogel.de (ID: 45790601)