USA: Natural Gas Processing Exxon Mobil and Sabic Select San Patricio County as Location for New Plastics Manufacturing Facility
Exxon Mobil and Sabic announced they have selected the San Patricio County site as their location to build its $ 10 billion plastics manufacturing complex on the South Texas Gulf Coast.
Corpus Christi/USA — Having worked together for more than 35 years, the new joint venture project between the two companies will be supplied by low cost U.S. natural gas. According to the companies, the economic forecast for this project indicates the multi-billion-dollar investment would create significant benefits for the South Texas region and beyond, generating thousands of jobs and stimulating positive economic growth. The plant would produce ethylene, one of the key ingredients for products ranging from antifreeze to plastics and it is scheduled to come online as early as 2020.
The economic impact projected by Exxon Mobil:
• 6,000 Jobs during peak construction phase
• $ 22 billion in economic gains for the state during construction
• $ 50 billion in economic gains for the state during first six years
• 3,500 indirect and induced jobs in the state
• 600 new permanent jobs at the site
• $ 90,000 average annual salary plus benefits