Rupture Discs Enhancements to Rupture Disc Family
Continental Disc Corporation has announced the newest editions to its’ HPX product family: the HPX-Ta rupture disc and the addition of higher pressures for the HPX rupture disc.
The new HPX-Ta rupture disc is a Tantalum semicircular scored reverse acting rupture disc designed specifically for use in highly corrosive media, such as bromine, chlorine, HCl, nitric acid or sulfuric acid. In certain concentrations, temperatures and moisture conditions, Tantalum is frequently the only suitable rupture disc material for the application.
According to Continental Disc, benefits of the HPX-Ta rupture disc include:
- lower maintenance cost, greater reliability as compared to alternate rupture disc types or materials;
- compatible with the HPX Insert, HPX-PT (pre-torqued) or HPX Double Disc holders;
- holder corrosion resistance can be enhanced by Tantalum lining or coating of the holder inlet and/or Tantalum coating of the holder outlet;
- Tantalum lined HPX-PT (pre-torqued) holders are ideal for use on vessels or pipe spools having Teflon or glass lined flanges;
- increased productivity of your system.
Furthermore, expanded pressure ranges are now available in the HPX rupture disc: Higher pressures are now available in 1”–3” sizes with burst pressures up to 2,000 psig (138 barg).