Wireless Automation Technology
Automation Technology Moves Towards The Wireless Era
Classification of WSN applications:
Asset Protection Applications for Wireless Technology:
- Monitoring of bearing pressure, pump pressure, vibration, corrosion, safety relief valve emissions for more effective regulatory compliance
- Wireless vibration sensors for real-time view of rotating equipment health
- Automated status checking of previously unmonitored equipment such as on/off valves, pumps etc.
Automation for Process Monitoring Applications:
- Monitoring of - crude oil, gas plant, LDAR, offshore gas, oil production, oil well, pipeline pressure, pressure gauge, relief valve (LDAR), remote vessel pressure, rupture disc (LDAR), tank level etc.
- Environmental surveys, inventory management
- Process control (PID), supervisory control
- Elimination of clipboard rounds, gaining valuable insight into process
Safety, Health and Environment Applications:
- Location monitoring, mustering solutions, mobile operators and maintenance, field asset maintenance and mobility
- Monitoring safety showers, pressure relief and safety valves
- Accurately measure emissions and environmental compliance
- People tracking, wireless video
Productivity Enhancement and Plant Management: The list goes on... on page 5!